Monday, May 3, 2010

Mac vs. PC

Ahh, the age old debate of Mac vs PC. It has recently been invigorated y the lunch of Apples new Macbook Pro series. As a long time PC user, I had never owned a Mac. Being that I was going into college I was in need of a laptop. Being a hardcore environmental junkie like I am, I looked for one with a great battery life, eco-conscious build, as well as being an amazing machine to compute High-Def video of skiing. So my search began. Having worked for Best Buy for 3 years, I new what was good and what wasn't. Then the new Macbook Pro came out. Immediately I was impressed and I bought one. Now being a Mac owner all I can say is I will never, ever go back unless required to for work. The easiest way to describe the Mac is like a 7 series BMW. Yes, it costs more. But what you get is something that just works. It never freezes, can't get viruses, has features that are actually useful like auto-dimming screen, keys that light up according the amount of ambient light, as well as having the ability to move between pages with the flick of your fingers. Then you get to the hardware. The graphics on the LED screen are unlike anything I have ever seen in its price range, the battery lasts for 10 hours stock, the power to compute allows me to covert raw HD video in little time. Built in web and video cams allow for easy video-chatting. And the best part is the Operating System allows for it all to sync up and work in co junction. No software to download, settings to change. It just works. The last and final piece is the actual look and feel. When you buy a laptop this expensive, you expect it to look good. And it does with its single piece of aluminum for the body, rather than plastic and weird colors. So in the end I have become a Mac user in the last few months, and as stated earlier, will never go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment